CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Something Sweet

My kids always want to help make something sweet. This week they helped with a couple of treats. We made our brownies on Sunday afternoon (the perfect time to make treats ;), but a couple of days later my daughter really wanted to make cookies. It has been rainy and wet so we needed an indoor activity. I have been using Betty Crocker cookie mixes lately, they are so convienent and easy for the kids to help with. So she picked out a sugar cookie mix, and we had fun mixing, rolling out the dough and cutting out bunnies, hearts, stars and gingerbread people. I wish I would have taken pictures, my little 2 year old was loving it too! After they each had a turn rolling and cutting they started snitching little peices of dough, so I had to hurry and finish them up.
While the cookies were in the oven we made some buttercream frosting (my favorite!) I have made it so many times that I never measure anymore just dump till I get the right consistency.
Basic Buttercream Frosting:
3-4 T. butter (we always use margerine cause thats what we have), softened
2-3 T. milk (just keep drizzling till you get the consistency you like)
3-4 c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
Beat the butter till smooth, gradually add powdered sugar and milk and vanilla till you get the right consistency. Add food coloring, and enjoy!
 

The rainclouds went away so the cookie makers drove their jeep around the yard.
 

Sunday afternoon Brownies
1 1/2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. oil
1/2 c. cocoa
1 t. vanilla
1 t. salt
Combine wet indgredients, then add dry. Spread in a 9x13 baking pan, Bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins. Take the brownies out and turn on the broilder top with mini marshmellows, then 'toast' under broiler.. watch carefully they can burn fast!
Spread the melted marshmellows around a bit and pour over
The Best Chocolate Frosting Ever!
Bring to boil in saucepan:
1/4 c. margarine
2 T. cocoa
2 1/2 T. water
Pour over and beat well:
1/2 lb. powdered sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment